When And Where To Buy
When to Buy a Home in Downtown Kingston
The rental year for Queen’s University students runs May 1st to April 30th, so it is common to see listings in November and December seeking a May 1st closing. From January to June, the brisk listing and selling period continues, with new faculty positions and programs starting in July.
Homebuyers working with a dedicated Realtor® team with a strategic buying plan in place have the best chance of successfully purchasing a downtown Kingston home or condo when competing with the many Buyers also seeking to purchase in the same area and in the same time period.
Where to Buy a Home in Downtown Kingston
Property values for real estate in downtown Kingston are related to proximity to Queen’s University and Kingston General Hospital (KGH). House ‘AREAS’ or Zones are commonly referred to, based on walking distance to Queen’s University campus.
Explore the areas that will be most well suited for purchasing a house or condo close to Queen’s and KGH including:
- Queen’s University Campus
- Kingston General Hospital
- Area 1 – Houses within a 5-8 minute walk to Queen’s University
- Area 2 – Houses within a 10-15 minute walk to Queen’s University
- Area 3 – Houses within a 20-25 minute walk to Queen’s University
- Reference condo locations
- See points of interests including City Hall, Stauffer Library, Hotel Dieu Hospital, St. Mary’s of the Lake Hospital, Queen’s West Campus, Donald Gordon Centre, and Richardson Stadium